- How do I uninstall searchya toolbar?
You can hide the toolbar by right clicking on the toolbar area, then find searchya Toolbar and uncheck it.
To remove the toolbar altogether, you will have to uninstall searchya :
- Windows XP: Go to Start->Control Panel->Add Remove programs->Select "searchya Web Search" and click on Remove.
- Windows 7: Go to Start->Control panel->Uninstall a program/Programs and Features->Select "searchya " and click on Uninstall.
FF 4 and above:
- Click on the “firefox” button located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Add-ons” (located in the right side of the menu
- On the left side bar choose “Extensions”
- look for “Searchya” add-on, on the right side you have 3 buttons, press “remove” or “disable”
FF 3 and below:
- Click on “tools” in the menu bar.
- Click on “Add-ons”.
- On the top bar choose “Extensions”
- look for “Searchya” add-on, on the right side click “uninstall”
- How do I remove Searchya page from my browser's home page?
To reset your homepage, go to your browser settings:
- In Internet Explorer- Go to Tools and then click Internet Options. On General tab, click Restore to Default.
- In Firefox - Click the 'Tools' menu, look under the 'Home Page' text box on the 'General' tab, enter the URL of the site you would like to use as your homepage, or choose one of the other options.
- In Firefox 3.6.x- Go to Tools, click Options. On General tab, click to select your default homepage setting.
- In Chrome- click on the Wrench icon (top of browser), go to "Settings", then on "Appearance" section check the "Show Home button" option, click on "Change" and select "Use the New Tab page".
- In Opera- go to Preferences(Menu->Settings->Preferences Or Ctrl+F12), go to "Search" tab->Select "Searchya" ->Delete->Ok
- How do I remove Searchya from newly opened tabs on my browser?
- Internet Explorer 8-9 - Go to Tools -> Internet options -> general -> tabs settings, and set the "when a new tab is opened, open" drop down, and choose "The new tab page"
- Internet Explorer 7- to remove searchya from new tabs, the program has to be uninstalled completely. Please refer to the first item in this FAQ.
- Firefox- Go to Tools -> addons, click Options, then select Advanced and uncheck the first option "Use searchya as enhanced search for new tab".
- Chrome- Go to Tools -> Settings -> Extensions-> Click the trash bin icon next to the "New Tab" extension.
- How do I remove Searchya from my browser's default search?
(this is the search located on top right in Explorer/Firefox and in the address bar of Chrome.) In Explorer:
1.Go to Tools->Internet Options->on "Search" section click on "Settings"->select "Live search" or "Google" or "Bing" and click on "Set Default".
2.Select "Searchya" and click on "Remove"->Click "Ok"->Click "Close.In Firefox:
Click on the icon on the left side of the search box
Click on “manage search settings”
Choose Searchya and then click “Remove”
In Chrome- Open "Chrome"->go to Options menu->Settings->On the "Search" section choose "Google" on the drop down menu.In Opera- Open "Opera",go to Preferences(Menu->Settings->Preferences Or Ctrl+F12),go to "Search" tab->Select "Searchya" ->Delete->OK
- How do I remove searchya from my address bar in firefox?
Type “about:config” into the address bar and click “Enter”, then click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button. Type “keyword.URL” into the search box that appears. Right-click on the “keyword.URL” entry and click “Modify”, enter the search engine you would like to search from the address bar with.
Type "about:config" into the address bar and click "Enter",then Click the "I’ll be careful, I promise!" button. Type "browser.search.defaultenginename" into the search box that appears. 4. Right-click on the "browser.search.defaultenginename" entry and click modify". Enter the name of the search engine you would like to search from the address bar with, or click "Reset" to use the default firefox search engine (google)